Sloppy Jane is a play on an all-american childhood favorite: The Sloppy Joe. A tender and savory sandwich to get your little ones to eat nearly anything! We came up with this recipe to sneak veggies into our kids’ meals. Now’s your chance to get them to eat “that green stuff”. It’s budget friendly, homemade, and a simple family recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook your meat of choice for 10 minutes, or until meat is tender and browned. Drain fat and set meat aside. Discard fat.
- In the same pan, saute onion, bell pepper, garlic, and cauliflower rice for 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stirring frequently.
- Add meat, Jane’s BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, and spice mix of choice to the vegetable pan. Cook for 5-8 minutes until mixed well and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with green onions and parsley, if desired.
- Serve on buns (toasted) with cheese of choice.